January 30, 2010

2009...Aha!



THE GOOD LIFE


Year-ends don’t always have to be about the usual ‘Best of…’. This blogger wrapped up 2009 on a zingy note. If that wasn’t enough, the New Year [2010] was brought in with a bang and more!!!


Bombay…the city of dreams…that’s where the above happened!!! A beautiful holiday, beginning from X’mas and wrapped up on my b’day! i ushered in X'MAS by 'celebrating' it for the first time..that too in train!:P! In MY city then, there were the usual suspects. Worli sea face, Siddhivinayak, Colaba, Marine Drive, St. Xavier’s, meeting up with friends, et al!


Yours truly was there mainly to attend the culmination of the 140th year celebrations of St. Xavier’s College. Everything else was just a bonus of being in Bombay…at the right time. Well, the time is always right to do the right thing!

It was a beautiful experience and I was showered with affection, admiration and gifts! Yeap…we live in a material world…though I’m not so much of a material girl! Each gift symbolized a bond of love, which has become stronger with time. And the absolutely awesome icing was the ‘good-bye’!!!


For the first time in my life… I was ACTUALLY given a surprise for my b’day!!! It was on the eve of my b’day...when a few friends dropped into the station to see me off. To be honest, it feels awesome to be the centre of all attention and warmth! And to top it, I was sent off with a gooey and delectable Ferero Rocher pastry [see image]!!!


Alas, there was no one to share my joy WITH me in tht Rajdhani compartment where I ushered my 21st birthday! But, as I believe, wishes are sent from the heart, and I knew I had tones of it surrounding me.


As if all this wasn’t enough to qualify it as my best b’day ever…I had surprises lined up onine too! When it rains…it truly pours!!! I’d like to share the poem which Vikashji mailed me along with his wishes. words are inadequate to express the joy I felt when I saw that e-mail from my favourite creative personality!


जन्मदिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामना

जो भी यहाँ चलते हैं - जन्मे हैं.

पर जो भी यहाँ जन्मे हैं
उनमें से हर कोई नहीं चलता.

आज तुम्हारे जन्मदिवस पर चाहता हूँ
तुम चलो.
आज, कल और हर कल के बाद वाले कल भी.

तुम चलो
और तुम्हारे पीछे दुनिया चले.
और तुम्हारे साथ चले तुम्हारे अपने.
और तुम्हारे आगे चलती रहे सफलता -
तुम्हारे रास्ते के कंकड़ हटाती हुई.

--
सप्रेम,
विकास



Any cake is incomplete without it’s cherry [red, or otherwise!]. the one which completed mine is…

http://datarpreeti.blogspot.com/2010/01/and.html



THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR MAKING IT THIS SPECIAL!!!




2010 is SURE GONNA BE A ROCKING YEAR !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment